Sunday, September 18, 2011

CINNATRAGEDY


Today I was going to make the best gluten-free cinnamon rolls you have ever tasted in your life. Or at least that's what the blog said. I want to preface this with the fact that I haven't had a cinnamon roll in like 2 years. The thing is, it's so different when you know you can't have one as opposed to just not having one.

Thanks to a friend, I saw this great recipe online. I figured Sunday would be the perfect day as I have church at 8am (I know...should be illegal) and then after nap time I could get to some cinnamon roll making, particularly since it's cool enough to be baking.

I visited three different stores, that's right - 3, to get all of the supplies. This gluten-free baking thing is intense! I came home from church and as I looked at my ingredients scattered over the counter and in the pantry I came to this horrifying realization: I have no mixer.

So, cinnamon rolls, maybe we shall meet another day (hopefully before my buttermilk expires because, really, who needs buttermilk for anything else? gross!).

4 comments:

Whitney said...

How horrible...maybe someone in your ward can lend you one?

Katydid said...

Buttermilk can used for a dressing BLT salad yummy. I use it for a recipe for peach cobbler amazing, I use it for fried chicken for a rich coating that isn't fattening and you use it for pancakes;) If I were you closer you could have my kitchen aid.

Joanna said...

Thanks! I was able to make the cinnamon rolls on Sunday (which were great!) but still have some buttermilk left, so I will definitely be using some of these suggestions. :) I wish I was closer as well.

Sassy Salisburys said...

PS Joanna - you can "make" your own buttermilk with regular milk and lemon juice. Bottled lemon juice lasts for-ev-er! It's what I do when I don't need a lot.