Saturday, May 24, 2008

True Passion

So, I had a funny day at work yestereday where my ultimate passion was exposed. I was able to go on my first "exploratory meeting" with a company that might be considering a sponsorship. I was kind of the silent observer as the Senior Business Director spoke with the President of this company. My silence was broken, thought, when he mentioned that he has been interested in donating to the One Laptop per Child program. My SBD had never heard of the program, but I definitely perked up and we started talking about it. He said he had gotten one of the laptops through the program where you could buy one for a child in a lesser developed country and then get one for yourself. I was extremely jealous. Needless to say, my SBD got the discussion back on track, but I spent most of the rest of the meeting trying to figure out if there was some tactful way to get a look at that laptop...to no avail. Ah, well...

No comments: