Monday, October 18, 2010

Spider Love

So, I don't know what's been going on recently, but I have been surrounded by spiders. Not just any old spiders, but big, ugly spiders. I mean really big. Bigger than I have ever seen in the area (though I do have to admit that they are not bigger than the spiders I saw in Mozambique and Brazil). The thing is - I really think they are following me.

For example, in the last couple of days, I have had some serious sightings. First, we spotted one of these really large, fat spiders on a web while going on our lunch walk at work. Not only did we just spot it on it's really large web, we saw it attack and eat a fly as we walked by. That sucker was fast for his girth, that's for sure.

Then, on my walk around the block, I had to duck under another really big spider web with a big fat spider on it multiple times.

What really convined me that they are following me, though, is that between my 2nd and 3rd times around the block (probably about 7 minutes apart), one of the big fat spiders literally built his web across the sidewalk and saw there waiting for me to walk through it. Really, just between those 2 rounds around the block, the stinking thing set a trap for me.

All I'm saying is that the spiders have it out for me. Maybe it's a part of our weird El Nino-ish weather this year. Maybe I just never knew it, but spiders are a part of the Halloween festivities because they normally come out more this time of the year and I never really noticed?

Not sure, but I just have one request - if they can't leave me alone, can they at least make their webs very visible? I definitely wouldn't want to accidentally run into one of these bad boys.

2 comments:

Jeff and Whitney said...

That totally happened to me in June of this year. I kept finding them at our Provo apt, one started to crawl on my chair at a class I was taking (my friend notice it thankfully because it was HUGE), and then one was crawling on me when I got into my car. I told Jeff I was convinced I was attracting them or something.

Joanna said...

Ugh! The feeling of them crawling on you is the worst! I hate the big ones, too. Sheesh - stupid spiders!