Monday, January 2, 2012

TOP 10 FOR 2011

So, I haven't made any resolutions yet. They usually come in the next couple of weeks. I have given up trying to make them during the holidays because things are too crazy and I find that they are really not that thoughtful. Usually my resolutions turn out to be those that start mid-January. :)

That said, I wanted to create a Top 10 list for myself for 2011. I thought it would be fun to think back on some of the great things for the year. Here they are, NOT in any order.

1. Starting my MA at GWU - so exciting and fulfilling!
2. Meeting my two new nieces for the first time - Jeri and London
3. Visiting Boston for the first time (thanks, Jen and Nigel!)
4. Road trip across the country with Erik (and the fact that we both survived without killing each other)
5. Moving to Virginia - Alexandria is a wonderful place to live! So beautiful and historical!
6. All things DC (museums, restaurants, coffee shops, diversity, beautiful parts of town, the bustle - this includes all of the amazing new friends I have made both in my program and at church)
7. Finally getting to buy my fist Mac!
8. Getting the Kindle Fire for Christmas!
9. Following Whitney's pregnancy and the birth of her first baby. :)
10. Spending the holidays with the whole huge family - such wonderful chaos.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great year! I really like your idea of waiting a bit to form resolutions. Sometimes I feel that if I don't start the year with them, I've failed at them as true "resolutions" but really a good goal anytime is still a good goal. :)

Joanna said...

i also just feel like the week after new year's is the week that i have time to think about it more, you know? besides, then for healthy lifestyle goals you are past the leftover point from the holidays so you don't have to feel bad on the 2nd that you can't have any of the yummy things leftover. :)