Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Be Aware

So, I had a moment of pure frustration last night as I was watching the news during the Super Tuesday craziness. I noticed that any other news (world news) had been pushed aside for to-the-minute election coverage. My frustration reached a peak as I heard various candidates express sympathy to victims of the current tornadoes. What tornadoes? I thought. Here I am watching the news for the last hour or so and I have heard NOTHING about this! Now, I realize that maybe there are some who feel the need to hear every two minutes that Romney (big surprise) took the state of Utah, but could we please cut out to get a little news? I mean, REAL news? I want to follow the coverage, but I don't need to hear everything repeated every 2 minutes with no new developments. I mean, did anybody hear the news about Chad? How about the tornadoes?

Anyway, now that you feel my frustration, I will lead to this story about Mozambique that I read earlier today. It seems oddly alien to read a story about this from somewhere that you spent a significant amount of time and places that you recognize, but to which you no longer have a physical connection. Just food for thought. Oh, and did you hear about Zimbabwe?

No comments: