Saturday, February 16, 2008

Delightful Afternoon

Well, I think that I will be spending this afternoon with my mom in the hospital hanging out with my 87 year old grandpa who has come down with pneumonia. What does one do to entertain one's grandpa in the hospital (he has told us that he does not watch television during the day, although I suggested that we just close the curtains and convince him that it is actually the middle of the night). It's really hard for him to be inactive, so we are trying to do anything to entertain him. He will probably be staying with us for at least a week after he gets out so we can help him out if he needs anything. I think I may be playing a lot of card games...anyone know where I can get a volunteer to come over for a round of Hearts, Hand and Foot, or Pinochle? Just a warning: my grandpa will kick your trash as he as acquired the talent of being able to count cards.

1 comment:

em said...

You make me laugh out loud!! The closing the curtains part was what did it....oh, your poor grandpa though....hope he recovers...you are a sweet granddaughter though to visit and take care of him.