Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fire Update

Well, it's 2:30am, and I'm sitting in my room trying to get more current fire information. I was asleep until a little while ago when we heard from some family friends that they were heading to our house after evacuating their house near Portola Hills. The fire is so unpredictable and resources are stretched so thin...not to mention the horrible smoke and ash in the air. We watched the news all day. Luckily we haven't lost any houses, but it was pretty close up in Foothill Ranch (part of Lake Forest about 2 miles away from here). They are using the high school as an emergency evacuation center (weird - I'm glad I'm not still a student there!). Here are some of the pictures from yesterday (Monday) and earlier this evening:







Oh, just in case you are trying to follow any of our coverage, our fire is being called the Santiago Fire.

No comments: