Thursday, October 25, 2007

Photos


I just wanted to post some of my favorite amateur photos of the fires (most of them are Santiago). Things are still really tense with our fire, so I find it cathartic to post these. And no, just because Malibu is fine doesn't mean the other fires in Southern California are under control (don't get me started on the inordinate amount of coverage for the Malibu fire when it is one of the smallest and least destructive fires in the area...it makes me tense). Anyway, here are some photos:




















These last two are my favorite. The first was a really low point for us when the firefighters got stuck and had to deploy their shelters as a last resort. Luckily, they were okay (just minor burns). Soon after that, though, they had to completely pull out of Modjeska Canyon and let those homes burn as the conditions were too dangerous. We lost 14 homes that day.




On a happy note, life goes on in Southern California for many people, and we will always find a way to get in a little surfing.







No comments: