Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Nixon Fashion



As yesterday was, apparently, a government holiday and Dad didn't have to go to work, the three of us (Mom, Dad, and me) decided to go visit the Nixon Presidential Library. It's only about 20 minutes away (in Yorba Linda) and I had never been, so we made the trip. Although there were many interesting things to look through (including a temporary exhibit of post-Iraq invasion photography), I was fascinated by the weddings of Nixon's daughters. Both got married during his presidency, but only one of them (Tricia) wanted a White House wedding. What I really noticed, though, was her dress. Here are a few pics:




I don't know why, but I really like it. Maybe because it isn't the same ol' square neck or strapless dress that I see so often lately. What I really like, though, is the headpiece and the flare that it gives to the whole thing. I couldn't find a good side pic on the internet, but there were some good ones at the library. It is totally a 70s period-piece, but I just love the whole thing. The dress is very feminine without being too big or fussy.

No comments: