Saturday, October 13, 2007

Oh So Superior (and cute)

A little while ago, during a visit, I realized how much my soon-to-be 5-year-old niece is learning to manipulate her 2-year-old brother. Not only that, but how funny it can be. This is a conversation I overheard as they were sitting at the table eating their lunch:

Avery: Carter, who do you love better, the Holy Ghost or Madison (a cousin)?
Carter: Madison (in 2-year old syllables - more like M'ason)
Avery: (not missing a beat) Carter, who do you love better, the Holy Ghost or Taylor (another cousin)?
Carter: Taylor

I poked my head around the corner and caught her little secretive smirk in catching her brother. Obviously the Holy Ghost was the right answer and Carter is just too young to understand (not to mention not a fan of the word "ghost").

No comments: