Thursday, January 17, 2008

Magical Trees

I have this weird desire to have huge trees in my yard someday (a lot of them), and have slightly hidden tree faces on some of them. Call me weird, but I think it's kinda cool and magical - I can just see kids playing with talking trees (the images are just from a Google search).
Anyway, so I was thinking of reasons why this seems to fun and magical to me. I first thought of Pocahontas with the talking tree that is an old woman (which by the way, my nephew was totally freaked by when the talking tree in the MGM Grand Rainforest Cafe came to like and started moving and talking). Barring that, I am intrigued by the idea. My favorite example, though, I think is from the all-time classic Labyrinth. If you haven't viewed this 80s cinematic wonder featuring David Bowie (in the tightest pants known to man outside of the ballet world) and Jennifer Connelly, you absolutely MUST watch it. As kids we used to watch the film non-stop and to this day I still have the lyrics memorized. "You remind me of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power. What power? The power of voodoo. Who do? You do. Do What? Remind me of the babe." I'll stop there. I came across this amazing trailer for the movie on YouTube and wanted to share it with you all. Really, if you want to see the movie I do have a copy and you can come over anytime. It will be an event that you will never forget.

1 comment:

Zillah said...

speaking of bowie's tights, since you're no longer at the y, you can check out this site:
http://areaology.com/area.html