Friday, January 4, 2008

Slow and Steady Wins the Race


As one of my 10 resolutions for 2008, I have the goal to read (or finish) one book a month. I know this seems a very small amount, and, granted, I will read many more books than that, but I needed the incentive to get through some that I have started. I have goals to read some lofty books, but I tend to begin them and then never finish. Hence, I will be posting on the side which book I am attempting to finish for the month in an effort to read something a little more substantial than the adolescent lit that I have recently become attached to (not to say that adolescent lit can't be substantial, but I hope you understand the sentiment). Anyway, in light of this, my goal for January is to finish The Good Earth. J will understand my need to finally finish this book as I have a tendency to pick it up and read about 20 pages before putting it down for another month. I could contemplate the reasons for this, but it is not because I don't think it's a good read. Anyway, that's the goal for January. Wish me luck!


Here are a couple of other resolutions that I don't mind sharing (a couple are too personal):


  • Try cooking something new at least once a month (I know that doesn't sound hard, but I'm starting small and on a very tight budget).

  • Find a secure full-time job.

  • Visit somewhere new (I was inspired by S in this one).

  • Somehow visit all 4WMs during the year.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hopefully visiting all 4WM won't be too difficult since we're currently all in the same place. ;) Hopefully I can come visit you again too!

Oh, and I totally have a goal to find 12 new recipes that I love and feel comfortable cooking. Yay for great resolutioners thinking alike!

J-E said...

I think a trip to Utah is getting more and more necessary. Someday...I would love to see you soon. Way to finally finish The Good Earth, or way to plan on finishing The Good Earth. I just finished Atonement (book of the recent movie) and enjoyed it immensely. He had an ability to turn a phrase like I haven't read in a very long time. Excellent prose with beautiful and sometimes disturbing images.