Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


I am reminded of my junior year of college. After Halloween, we started a "thankful door" in our apartment. We set our colored origami paper and markers, and each person that came to the apartment wrote down something they were grateful for and taped it to the back of the door. It was so much fun and totally my style as most of the thanks became humorous and somewhat cynical. Here are a few examples:


"I'm thankful that Dave showers at least on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I have to sit next to him in class."


"I'm thankful for the million steps I have to take to get to campus because I now have massive calf muscles."


"I'm thankful my professors gave me the heaviest books possible so I could test out the durability of my poor college-student backpack."




You get the point. By Thanksgiving, our door was full of colorful squares that everyone loved to read when they came in. We also made everyone sign their names so that their comment could be attributed to them, which made it all the funnier. Ahhh, college memories.

No comments: