Wednesday, November 7, 2007

In My Own Little Corner

(that's a song from the musical Cinderella, by the way)

I don't really have much of my own space now that I'm home, and I really don't have money to spend on decorating my little room. I have tried to do a few little things, though, to make it more visually appealing while still holding as much of my possession as possible. I had fun making this little bookcase more visually appealing. I have a bright blue indian cloth over the window as a curtain, and I was trying to continue that bright theme with the bookcase.




I've seen this idea elsewhere, and it was a fun, colorful way to store a bunch of blankets/scarves/material that I have gathered over the years and have no way to use here.

I went through my books and picked out the bright ones that I thought went with the general scheme. Wanting some contrast, I put the black books underneath which also connected with the black ribbon on the top shelf. Just a small thing, but it makes me feel better about my little room.

No comments: