Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WS Wisdom Tidbit #1: Turkey

Wow. Working at Williams-Sonoma has increased my cooking knowledge exponentially. It makes me want to cook all of the time. Expectedly, the topic at work today and yesterday with many customers covered most Thanksgiving foods and turkey. This year, my mom has finally agreed to brine the turkey. This technique was foreign to our family in the past. I am very excited as it is supposed to make the turkey so much more moist and flavorful. What I have really been hearing a lot about, though, are the merits of a deep fried turkey. Apparently they are amazing. I heard from more than one independent source that the families did an experiment with one deep-fried turkey and one regular turkey, and, without exception, everyone ate the deep fried turkey and loved it. I would definitely like to try a deep fried turkey sometime. As of now, though, I am very happy that we are expanding into the brined turkey sphere - we'll see how it goes.

Oh, here is a recipe for a deep fried turkey if you were curious or looking for one.

No comments: