Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sprinkle Me Some

If you haven't heard of Sprinkles, let me fill you in. It is a very high-end cupcake store. Cupcake store? you say. Yes, cupcake store. By high-end I mean that you can buy a giftbox of a dozen cupcakes for $46. The original location is in Beverly Hills, but they have since expanded to 5 locations, with more coming soon. One of them is right next door in Newport. I chatted with some friends who have been to the Newport store, and though they hate to admit what they were willing to spend on a cupcake (about $3.50), they will all insist that it was worth it as it was the best cupcake they have ever tasted.



The Sprinkles store offers some amazing flavors, which you can see here. Some yummy-sounding examples are cinnamon sugar, vanilla milk chocolate, and red velvet, among others. Currently, WS carries some of the mixes. I have tried the dark chocolate, which was great, but I really want to try the peppermint chocolate, which sounds amazing. The mixes go for $14 (and are packaged beautifully). I was going to add commentary here on what people are willing to spend on cupcakes, but the sad part is that the more I am at work and tasting the samples, the more sympathetic I become. Next time you are in the area, give me a call and we can splurge outrageously on a cupcake.

1 comment:

em said...

K...you have to stop posting such great information on expensive products!!! :) I want these cupcakes, I want the skirts and shoes from the websites you have listed too, but can't afford to spend the way I REALLY want to...where do you find such cute sites????