Thursday, November 29, 2007

North & South

Today I was on call for work but didn't have to go in today. As it was fairly overcast outside, I thought it would be the perfect day for working on some Christmas presents while watching one of the best movies ever: North & South. If you haven't heard of North & South, you should definitely look up this BBC drama for yourself. A girl in my bookbinding class mentioned it and said that it was better than Pride and Prejudice. Facing such an outlandish statement, I felt that I had to give it a test. I loved it and still love it. Probably one of the best ending scenes ever. I could (and probably have) watch it 10 times in a row. The whole thing is about 4 hours long. A period piece set in industrial England, it captures the complete cultural differences between the north and the south, as well as the horrible conditions of the Inustrial Revolution. Anyway, I will stop talking now, but I definitely recommend you see this. Except for Sarah, because Jenny and I decided that you have to see this with one of us (she bought it after she watched it with me).

4 comments:

Sarah said...

So wait, when do I get to watch it?

Joanna said...

whenever you have 4 hours to spare! (and you are physically near to either me or jenny, but preferably me because i would love to share the joy with you - haha)

J-E said...

I say that this has to be watched in the presence of at least two mothers, not just one. So Sarah will have to wait until we go see Jo or Jo comes to see us. And the ending is amazing.

Katydid said...

Ummm, at first I thought you meant that cheesy movie with Patrick Swayze about the civil war in America. Truly, I was shocked. I'm really going to try blogging more. :)